Ever walked into a room to find someone wearing the same outfit as you? I haven’t.
No one else in the world has the same wardrobe selection as I do, that’s because everything I own has been made specifically, just for me.
So why bespoke?
- Confidence. When I put on a bespoke suit I feel extra special, like James Bond. A well structured jacket can really enhance your body shape and make you look and feel exquisite.
- Adaptability. If you put weight on – there is usually enough material to let out a few inches when you have overindulged at Christmas and are struggling to get back to size.
- Silhouette. It can actually mask imperfections – it’s all about illusion. One leg shorter than the other? That’s no problem. Have you heard the phrase ‘which side do you dress?’ It’s a tailors term, Google it! The way you sit and walk is important. Your ‘gait’ when making trousers should always be taken into account. A good tailor will factor this in.
- Specific. You are the designer. If you want a particular colour, material, lining, buttons, cut – you can have it! There are no limitations (other than price). I once made a suit out of Vicuna, the cloth alone cost £10,000 – no pressure!
- Record. It’s your own piece of history, like Churchill – his pattern lives on within Henry Poole’s archives.
- Wearability. It could last forever – literally. A bespoke suit is fully canvassed, it actually improves over time. Looked after well, your garment will survive the ages (#betterwithage). I have seen people still wearing a suit made 60 years ago or more.
- Distinguishable. I’d recognise a bespoke suit a mile away. It’s a great talking point when your out and someone asks where you bought it. (I was asked in the queue for a nightclub once – strange experience, even a drunk guy can recognise a good item!) I always receive compliments every time I wear one.
- Investment. My wardrobe must be worth a small fortune!
- Timeless. Make the right style choices and it will never date. Go classic and you will always be in vogue.
- Individual. Who doesn’t like a one-off. Your bespoke suit is as unique as you are!
Yes It’s a luxury but just like the car you drive, your clothing choices are a statement about you, and your success. Our perceptions become reality so aim for the best things in life. Treat yourself every now and again, you’ve worked hard!